It all started in 2002 by international Fund for Animal Welfare. It is a way to honor cats by the people and a day to advocate for the total well-being and welfare of a cat.
Many countries, including the UK, celebrate the official International Cat Day, which takes place on August 8th each year. Some countries also have their own national cat day, including:
- Japan: Cat Day, February 22nd
- United States: National Cat Day, October 29th
- Russia: National Cat Day, March 1st
Let’s come forward to help every cat on this planet lead a healthy and secure life.
These are a few things that you can do to honor this day and show how much you care for cats and how important they are for our lives.
- Adopt a cat – See Adopt a Cat Kenya, Cat Lovers Kenya and Cat Lovers Mombasa on Facebook
- Donate to shelter homes – KSPCA Kenya Nairobi, Nakuru and Mombasa shelters
- Pay for vet bills for stray cats – TNR Trust
- Volunteer at animal shelters – KSPCA Kenya Nairobi, Nakuru and Mombasa shelters
- Buy cat essentials like flea and tick treatments for cats in shelters
- Spend a day with a sick cat