Coconut oil can be applied directly to your dog for healthy skin and coat
A coconut oil skin treatment about once a week can make a big difference in the health of your dog’s skin and nails. To use coconut oil topically, simply rub a very small amount onto your hands and then gently pat the coat, run your fingers through the fur, and massage a little down onto the skin and let it be absorbed for a few minutes. After five minutes or so, rinse your dog off. If he still feels excessively greasy or oily, you can follow up with a light shampoo and rinse.
Benefits of coconut oil for dogs
- Adds moisture to your dog’s skin and prevents flaking
- Minimizes doggy odor
- Clears up eczema
- Aids flea allergies, contact dermatitis and itchy skin
- Reduces allergic reactions
- Creates sleek and glossy coats
- Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections
- Promotes wound healing
- Also can help with hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
Only use pure organic coconut oil.